ONCE YOU HAVE GONE OVER THIS IN PERSON with someone, here are the steps again to remind you:
1. As long is there is no time countdown showing on the screen, use the foot pedal on the lower right to open the autoclave.
2. Put your stuff in and hit the foot pedal again to close. If you have to remove the previous user's stuff, USE THE MUPPET GLOVES as it will be hot!
3. Hit "Select Cycle" on the touch screen, pick your cycle (LIQUID 50 if in doubt), then hit "Start Cycle". I countdown timer will appear that you can use to set your lab timer for when to come back for your stuff.
A link to the manual is here .
We also have a smaller second floor autoclave in room 4-253 where the ice machine is, it's a VWR AS-12. To use this one, ONCE YOU HAVE GONE OVER THIS IN PERSON with someone at least once:
1. Just use the latch at the bottom left of the door to open it, put your stuff in and close the door, Use the screw clamp to secure the door.
2. If the screen does not say "select cycle" click "select" button. Click one of the four cycle buttons (probably "liquid", but for velvets it's "packs" and for stirbars and spatualas it's "wrapped"). Click Start button. Set your lab timer from the screen countdown so you know when to come back. Do not open the autoclave until the psi is down to 0 and/or the drying cycle is complete. For liquids if you ignore this your stuff will all boil over.
The VWR autoclave is not plumbed, so you will need to check the little hatch on the top right (CAREFULLY; READ LABEL) to make sure there is water in the reservoir; this water should be above the level of the copper heating coil in the reservior before you start.
A link to the VIDEO manual is here.
A link the the manual is here.